Friday, November 5, 2010

Pumpkins of Fun

      If you go on my Facebook profile, you will see the rest of the pictures, but I decided that this day was a noteworthy day. It started off with Harim, Kalista, and I waiting for people to come to the Pumpkin party and teasing Harim for a very long time. Soon, a flood of people came and we started pumpkin carving. We all smelled like pumpkins, partially because Josh B was throwing pumpkin guts at people. I know pumpkin carving sounds like an easy job, but some of the carving were not. We were all in silent concentration.

   After a while, everyone needed a break. Mr Huddleston and some guys started throwing pumpkin pieces from the balcony to see who could get the pumpkin leftovers right inside the garbage can. I believe Mr. Huddleston was the most successful in this venture.
 
     My group decided that we needed a break too. We took turns carving out the rest of Mr. Spider. E
veryone was a little tense because we had chosen
such a hard carving design, and because I amputated Mr. Spider's leg. The guys took a break first and idly watched us. Sofie and I took a break later.
  

I think everyone had a good time, including Hilton :-) I guess the stress of making a good-looking carving gets all the little kids iching for some pumpkin throwing.

These were the results of our hard work! (which mainly included Sofie, Luke, and myself, even though Josh helped a little).



Mr. Noob, a.k.a the Vampire Mr. Huddleston, and Mr. Spider-the-one-legged. Don't they purty?


Last of all, after all the pumpkin carving and eating yummy food, thanks to Ms. Bruton, we had a dance party in honor of Mason's birthday. We did all the traditional songs we always do, and had a fun time. There was this one incident where Mason and Sam decided to steal Harim and Kalista from Luke and Josh and dance with them. We all laughed about it afterwards. Luke also managed to create a balloon-headed Mr. Bob at the dance and make things more interesting :)

A hectic day full of too many things, but a wonderful day full of October fun :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment