Sunday, August 29, 2010

High School Phobia

     My first day of school started last Wednesday with surprises, familiar faces, and whatnot. We always have our traditions such as walking around the school and giving five lira to a student. After all that, we went to our classes to be re-introduced to rules and policies. This year there was a major change for ninth graders; we were given electives to choose from. Believe me, choosing was much more harder than I expected it to be. But it was nice to be able to learn new subjects, and I'm enjoying it.
     Another change was that the middle schoolers were seperated from the high schoolers during lunch. Our lunch room seemed so quiet and lonely. I also had friends in middle school, so it was really sad that we wouldn't be able to see them at all. The loudest people in the canteen were, of course, my classmates, but even they seemed to get a feel of the atmosphere around them.
      Not only did we get changes as a secondary group, but our class has changed as well. A couple of people left last year, and some of the people in our class take different classes so we don't see them that often. Plus, with electives, our class is divided even more. Both of the two new girls that were supposed to be in our class have decided not to come. There's a sense of disunity in our class.
      I'm not all that great with accepting change; nobody really is. I want to make this year count, though, because I don't know what will happen to me in the future. Hahaha I just need to stop complaining and look on the bright side :-)